Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Center Parcs

Have you been to Center Parcs? If you haven't, grab some friends and do it. Center Parcs isn't actually too expensive if you do it right. We booked Monday-Friday which cost £339. That was me, Ben and Ben's sister, Gemma.
Center Parcs Nov 2013

A little over £100 each. We took a drive to a huge Sainsburys nearby to buy food for the week which was about £30 each. If you don't want to, you don't have to spend any more than that. As it was, we actually didn't.

Center Parcs Nov 2013

Now, bad side, you can't check in til after 3pm, and, cheekily, they have you check out on a Friday before 10am. You're free to still spend the day there on the Friday but once we had the car packed up, we were ready to go. But anyway, the villas are very nice!

Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013

Center Parcs Nov 2013
And since my primary goal on this holiday was to recharge my very burnt out batteries, it was heavenly! Booking with Center Parcs means trips to the swimming area are free. This is where the fun is, especially at Elveden, the branch we visited, which is the only Center Parcs that has a Tropical Cyclone slide....

It is as terrifying as it looks, that drop completely took me by surprise! After our first trip down, I wouldn't go on it again, although I did end up going twice the next day. You will also find in your Subtropical Swimming Paradise, jacuzzi's, which are lovely and relaxing if there's no kids in them...even when there are kids in them I find it quite entertaining. There's the wave pool which, for five minutes every half hour will have you bouncing on moderate waves. There's the lazy river which is pretty good fun! Mild currents take you round a little lagoon type thing! The rapids, my favourite since I was a kid! A cold plunge pool in the outside swimming area...which I didn't go in, and a few water slides for good measure. Plenty to do, you can spend a day there if you mix up your water fun with chilling out with a drink, poolside.

The activities available at Center Parcs are vast. And generally pricey. During winter a lot of them are not tempting. But we did decide to do some pottery painting which was just awesome! Here are our efforts...

Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Forgive me because I took pictures of mine every time I added something to it, I was terrified the next thing I did would ruin it so I wanted to capture the moments I was pleased!

Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013

We all took the same approach. Went into it with a vague idea about what we were trying to do then let it evolve into something...which sounds quite profound but really it just meant we made our mistakes work for us!

Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013

You leave them with the people to glaze and fire and I have to admit, I was pretty pleased with how they turned out. I didn't get a chance to snap a pic of Gemma's finished product as we dropped it off in Kent on the way home (I'll grab a pic at Christmas) but here is mine and Ben's.

Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013

I literally loved that class. It was so much fun and something I definitely don't do at home, which is the whole point of a holiday activity in my opinion! We EASILY spent two hours in there without noticing...may have been more, the limit was meant to be 90 minutes but it wasn't too busy so no one was clock watching us.
Another activity that was obviously going to happen was mini golf...

Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013

You really don't need to ask who won :-)
Outside of the activities you can enjoy the sights of Center Parcs...

Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013

Or...bring your own form of entertainment...

Center Parcs Nov 2013
Center Parcs Nov 2013
No need to ask who won that round...

Check out Center Parcs on their website! I think we're going to look to go with a big group next time...and maybe splash out on one of those villas with a jacuzzi...mwahahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to any centerparcs although everyone I know who's been has loved it. The wooden lodge you stayed in looked lovely, sounds like such a bargain! Xx

    ReplyDelete