Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Arnie Allnighter

I am not being very good lately and I fully blame work. People are in a rush trying to get things finalised before Christmas and I'm under a lot of pressure at the mo but, anyway, that's not interesting. You know what is interesting? Prince Charles cinema. Heard of it? Neither had I until a little while ago. It is awesome!

Arnie Allnight Nov 2013


I am currently a little obsessed with Arnold Scwarzenegger. Hilarious, yes. But I'm a big fan of some of his films and when I saw he had a biography...I just had to buy it (I'm only a third of the way through but I totally recommend it!) So when I saw that Prince Charles were doing an Arnie Allnighter...well, it just sounded awesome!

Arnie Allnight Nov 2013

Luckily, Chris and Ben agreed, so we booked our tickets and, on the Saturday in question, we decided a trip to China town was in order!

Arnie Allnight Nov 2013

This is my go-to restaurant in China town, Aroma, basically because my dad told me it was good and since he eats there every time he goes to London, I take it as read.

Arnie Allnight Nov 2013
Arnie Allnight Nov 2013
Arnie Allnight Nov 2013

Always always have crispy duck pancakes, it's just so good.

Arnie Allnight Nov 2013
We got to the cinema nice and early because if you're going to be in a cinema for 12 hours, you want a good view.

Arnie Allnight Nov 2013
Arnie Allnight Nov 2013
It was awesome. The atmosphere was amazing, there was no queue for the girls toilets (a rare win!) and the lovely Prince Charles staff sold popcorn (as well as tea and coffee) all night. They do loads of other events, beer and pizza nights, quote alongs which I fully intend to attend. I would probably do an allnighter again but they are hard going...I made it through the first three films and then slept on and off through the others. Lucky for me the people next to us left quite early so I slept across a couple of seats.

Arnie Allnight Nov 2013
It took a couple days to recover but we proudly posed for our survivors photo afterwards! Times being approximate are right - the whole thing ran late and we dragged ourselves out, squinting into the sunlight at 10am.

Arnie Allnight Nov 2013
Arnie Allnight Nov 2013

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I don' like Arnie, but this sounds like so much fun!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete