Friday, August 2, 2013

Tiiiiimberrrrrr!

Me and Ben make a great pair. Why, you ask? I will tell you. He is an ideas man. He finds awesome random things happening around London. However, he's a useless organisor, because he hates to organise. This is where I come in...yes I get the short end of the stick but, I still get to enjoy the spoils so I'll take it! Have you heard of Timber!

Yo sushi and Timber July 2013
Impressive, non? It's nothing compared to the other stuff that went on! But more heart-warming is the story behind Timber! The group was started by a brother and sister from Quebec and is made up of their family and childhood friends, their 66 year old father even plays a role.

Yo sushi and Timber July 2013
A hilarious role I might add! Yes that's him flying through the air! Additionally, one of the performers has a two year old son who makes an appearance, a gorgeous little two year old boy who will melt your heart and almost steal the show with his adorable smile.

Yo sushi and Timber July 2013
I have to admit - I went into this prepared to be underwhelmed. It was showing at the Southbank Centre and a video showed some clips of dances and men throwing logs to each other. It does starts slowly, which I'm pretty sure is intentional, as it soon picks up some serious speed and you will be completely gobsmacked by what you see.

Yo sushi and Timber July 2013
But this isn't a flawless stunt act...you might see them unsatisfied with a stunt attempt and request a do-over, it all adds to the tension and enjoyment. There's also a really good level of humour involved, something completely missing from other performances in this vein.

Yo sushi and Timber July 2013
Sadly, it's finished now at the Southbank Centre and on it's way to a world tour...but keep an eye on their website for future tour dates. It's a fantastic show and one worth keeping your eye on!

Yo sushi and Timber July 2013

6 comments:

  1. Awesome idea for a night out! I'll have to check their website to see if they're coming to the US anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was - I'm sad they have no more foreseeable London dates now :(

      Delete
  2. This looks/sounds pretty cool !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! Keep an eye out for their return to London!

      Delete
  3. Hey, I saw the link to your post about your boyfriend on The Londoner's blog, and I loved it! I'm following your blog now, it's brilliant :)

    burgundyandwine.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm so glad you enjoy! The minute I saw the name of your blog I knew I'd be following you - love wine!

      Delete