Friday, August 23, 2013

Rooftop Cinema Club

Find your nearest one here. And then book IMMEDIATELY for a very fun and original film night. The minute I found out one was in Ealing I hopped over to the site and was so thrilled to see they were showing 'Intouchables', an absolutely incredible French film that I cannot recommend enough. You can watch the trailer on imdb but I honestly think you shouldn't because it's so much better if you watch it not really knowing what to expect. Anyway, this isn't about the film it's about the cinema (but seriously see the film)!

Rooftop Cinema August 2013
Rooftop Cinema August 2013
The one in Ealing is next to a building site...so the views aren't particularly lovely from the rooftop but I loved these deckchairs. I'm a stickler for being able to see properly in a film, Vue and Odeon chains have nicely stacked seats but the more interesting cinemas like the Coronet or PictureHouse can sometimes leave me in a difficult position trying to see over the giant guy's head in front. Luckily with deck chairs, you're all slightly reclined and everyone has a good view.

Rooftop Cinema August 2013
There were no food options on the Ealing rooftop (except the wonderful smelling popcorn and some sweets) but they had a handy menu of takeaway places willing to deliver!

Rooftop Cinema August 2013
They also had a bar...for what is a French film, without red wine...

Rooftop Cinema August 2013
Old timey style. Soon enough the sun was setting....

Rooftop Cinema August 2013
It was time to don the wireless headphones...

Rooftop Cinema August 2013
And wrap up in the slankets provided...or in my case, the super big warm blanket I brought from home! I'm a nerd like that. Recommend recommend recommend! It doesn't cost any more than most cinemas these days and it's definitely a fun experience!

5 comments:

  1. This looks incredible!

    I'm definitely going to look this up as something to do, perhaps not when it's pouring with rain though!!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - yeah I can't imagine it's half as fun if you're slowly getting soaked!

      Delete
  2. aww i'd love to do this! there are none available near me though :'( looks like such fun!

    partyatgatsbys.me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh how annoying! Maybe check luna cinema to see if they have at least an outdoor one near you??

      Delete
  3. really amazing place, I like this article interesting cinema club :)
    Wireless Headset

    ReplyDelete