Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pizza on the Green

This little restaurant (website here) is based in Ealing, just around the corner from Ealing Broadway, opposite Haven Green. I walk past it twice daily and I've looked into it countless times and thought, I really need to try this place! Steph, the wonderful like-minded woman that she is, has often thought the same, and so, with her leaving the area (today in fact, sob!), we thought the time had come.

Pizza on the Green August 2013
Pizza on the Green August 2013
The decor is what draws you in, with the random old-style lampost, the painted wall and the fairy nights, it's like dining al-fresco but, you know...fresco. We sat next to the big open windows at the front as it was a gorgeous day and started on wine.

Pizza on the Green August 2013
We ordered the cheapest red wine on the menu, cos we're that classy, and it was actually delicious. And so merited it's own picture so I can keep an eye out for it in case it pops up in Tesco!

Pizza on the Green August 2013
Naomi won best lunch with this amazing goat's cheese salad. Looked phenomenal and tasted phenomenal too she tells us, which was frustrating as I came this close to ordering it.

Pizza on the Green August 2013
But I was drawn in by the ham, mushroom and olive pizza...which was lovely, if not the best pizza I had.

Pizza on the Green August 2013
And Steph had carbonara, which she enjoyed, but found a little rich for her tastes. So on the whole, the food was fine, it's definitely reasonably priced and the place is usually packed out, so I assume the other dishes are pretty high quality, but I haven't tried them!

Pizza on the Green August 2013
The dessert menu was highly tempting and creme brulee was ordered. Disappointingly though, despite arriving still partly on fire, the sugar wasn't sufficiently melted (and we should know, all sampling several creme brulees in our time) and denied the cracking of the surface fun! Still delicious, but if you can't crack the top...you feel a little cheated.

So on the whole, I guess it's a three star place. Fine food but you won't be 'yumming' your way through it. I'll probably go back and give it a second chance...

3 comments:

  1. That pizza looks very yummy - I will be making a trip soon to Ealing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually order the cheapest win on the menu in restaurants too because i usually have never heard of any of them anyways and who's to say the more expensive one will actually taste better? BTW the food looks great even if it wasn't amazing =]

    A Golden State of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks great and oh my gosh look at that food!? yummy!

    Ive recently started my own lifestyle blog, please check me out on...
    phazestyle.blogspot.co.uk

    Phaze x

    ReplyDelete