Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Bucket List: MoneySupermarket Competition

Well, I'm glad I caught this in time - thanks Have a Cup of Tea with Kloe!

And it's not too late to find out about the competition at money supermarket - click the link here!

Moneysupermarket are having a competition - write your bucketlist in accordance with the rules in the link and be in with a chance to win some moolah!

Luckily for me - I have a bucket list, an actual, written up bucket list. When I found myself single at 25 for the first time in my life since I was 15 I decided to take a really hard look out of what I wanted to accomplish in life. Sometimes, writing a list is the only way to make sure you're going to do it.

For the purposes of the competition - my 'budget' bucket list item is to be bilingual in French and English. If you've followed me a while, you'll know that I lived in Paris for nearly a year, only moving back in March this year, so I figure it would take a course of advanced French lessons to get me there...that wouldn't cost too much!


What is preventing me from doing this...well, saving for traveling means progressing my French language through lessons has taken a bit of a backseat...I sign up for some free language exchanges though so that's helpful!

 Being bi-lingual is a life long dream I've held since I was old enough to buy a French dictionary. I don't know where the love of the French language came from but it's there now and it's not going ANYWHERE! (I'm planning a little trip to visit Paris, my second home later this year.) To accomplish it...well, I can't even imagine the smile I would be wearing if I could have a completely fluent French conversation with some old work colleagues from the French office!


My more extravagant bucket list item...it may be a little traditional and seem a bit low key...but before I kick the bucket I'd like to get married...preferably in a pretty awesome set-up! What is preventing this...well...I'm not ready yet!! Ben and I are very much in the early stages of our relationship, it's the kind of thing we don't mention for fear of seeing nothing but a cloud-shaped Ben standing in front of me as the rest of him disappears into the distance. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the thought of walking up the aisle towards him hadn't crossed my mind...frequently...in between searching the internet for wedding dresses/venues/rings...Ben come back, it's a joke!!


There's other, arguably more adventurous things I definitely want to accomplish, appear as an extra in a film, visit Australia etc but I have to admit if I never got to marry the person I love and get to spend my days making them happy, I'd feel like I missed out on one of the most amazing experiences life had to offer. I live to love, I admit it!

 Three other bloggers who might wish to participate:
http://challengesteph.blogspot.co.uk/
http://gingerbreadjourney.blogspot.co.uk/ 
http://www.heysarahlee.com/


Good luck to all and don't forget to write your bucket lists and keep your dreams alive!

6 comments:

  1. just bumped in to your comment on the londoner....love your blog Nichola

    check on my blog if you dont mind....sssst i just started not long ago x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pixylinan! Your blog is really good - only thing is I would maybe write a bit more as at the moment it's more a flow of gorgeous pictures with a bit of annotation - but if that's what you're going for then it's perfect!

      Enjoy blogging - it's fun!!

      Delete
  2. j'aime la première photo, vous regardez superbe!

    ReplyDelete