Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blame Canada!

My friend Steph, who I've talked about many times before but mainly here, is leaving me. Now, I'm told I'm not allowed to complain because I've left her too many times in the past so, I just have to let this one go. She is off to travel Canada. Now, before I go into details of the ridiculous fun her Canada-themed leaving do was, I wanted to actually draw attention to how brave this is. Not many people ever leave this country for more than a two week period. Even less do it on their own. But my fantastic wife, Stephanie, is about to abandon us all, and conquer the Great White North. Steph, I salute you and your bravery, not to mention your awesome adventurous attitude.

Anyway, let's chat about how drunk we got.

Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
Canada Leaving Do August 2013
You saw the following Canada-themed costumes - lumberjack, Robin Sparkles, Robin Daggers (which you won't get unless you watch How I Met Your Mother), Rick Moranis (of Ghostbusters), Shania Twain and Terence (and Phillip).

Suffice to say, most of us over-did it drink-wise and we blame no one but ourselves (and Ben).

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha looks like an amazing party! Hope your friend has a great time, that really is brave! xoxo

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichola,

    I nominated you for a blogger award. You can check it here:
    http://diningincebu.blogspot.com/2013/08/my-bouquet-of-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha looks like you had a lot of fun!

    One of my best friends has just moved to Canada too - well I say just, about 2 months ago, and I'm sooo jealous!

    On the plus side, if she settles there you have somewhere free to go visit :)

    hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like I had lots of fun...I wish I could remember it! Haha! But you're right, would be a good excuse for regular trips to Canada!

      Delete