Thursday, August 1, 2013

Battersea Kitten Shower

First of all - CHECK OUT MY NEW SOCIAL MEDIA BUTTONS! YAY! It took many searches through the internet but I eventually managed it with the help of the My Favourite Things blog - where I also nabbed the images! THANK YOU!


Anyway, did you know Battersea Dogs and Cats Home had a kitten shower? Neither did I. But my friend Sarah is always in the know, so when she mentioned it I hastily included it in my diary and reminded myself that my rented cottage does not allow me to have pets.

Kittens and Big Chill July 2013
We arrived on time for opening which was lucky as it was soon packed out. Apparently we're not the only ones who like kittens, who knew? We booked ourselves in for some kitten play time and then settled down to the crafts table.

Kittens and Big Chill July 2013
Kittens and Big Chill July 2013

I opted to make myself a cat mask and Sarah made herself a little paper kitten, since she wasn't able to take one home either.

Kittens and Big Chill July 2013
Kittens and Big Chill July 2013
Kittens and Big Chill July 2013


Yes, apparently Sarah's paper kitten needed a dinosaur balloon.
Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pics of the adorable three kittens we played with, but, to satisfy your kitten craving, here is a picture of Sarah's mum's new kitten.

How adorable? If you follow me on instagram you will have seen this already...but it's still awesome!

After visiting the kittens we visited the dogs , I'm really not sure why we did it because it only broke our hearts and made us want to take them all home. Not an option for those of us in rented accommodation, sadly.

We reluctantly left and headed to Battersea Park for a picnic.

Kittens and Big Chill July 2013

Kittens and Big Chill July 2013

Unfortunately it soon started raining and we had to seek shelter, though luckily that led to the discovery of this amazing pub.

Kittens and Big Chill July 2013
Kittens and Big Chill July 2013
And we met Bo - this adorable teeny weeny dog (apologies for the bad picture - she kept moving!).
Kittens and Big Chill July 2013
Then we headed to The Big Chill rooftop bar...but the weather was against us. I recommend the food in this place though, Sarah and I had a variety of starters between us and they were amazing!

Kittens and Big Chill July 2013
Kittens and Big Chill July 2013
If you love cats and dogs or you're just generally a good person, I'd encourage you to help Battersea Dogs and Cats home by making a donation here. They do so much for abandoned and mistreated animals and any donation helps these adorable animals find homes.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Noooo! I wish you'd said sooner, I threw mine away - couldn't think when I'd use it again! (plus it got a bit bashed in my bag so not realy helpful to anyone!) Make one!!! :-)

      Delete