Saturday, August 31, 2013

Alice in Wonderland

I'm not entirely sure how I found out about this - I just know that Steph told me about a kind of interactive theatre experience with Alice in Wonderland and I bought my ticket.

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

We followed the winding 'rabbit hole' to the theatre found a bench to get a good view on. Now, I only managed to take a few pictures as you're not allowed to take pictures during the performance.

Alice in Wonderland August 2013
It started with a lot of audience participation and tricks.

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

This guy, 'Muscles from Manchester', challenged a very reluctant teenage boy to a pose off. It bordered on downright awkward as the sullen guy refused to imitate the poses from Muscles...but hey, audience participation isn't for everyone!

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

It's out of nowhere that Alice makes her entrance and the play begins, and before long the white rabbit follows and Alice invites us to chase him...to another stage.

Alice in Wonderland August 2013
We changed stage several times but it was at the third I got told off for using my camera so I had to put it away. I did sneak a quick one for the Hatter's tea party though because I loved what they did!

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

The play was absolutely fantastic, and the audience were involved throughout, the cast were amazing, changing characters constantly. I don't want to talk it up too much because it is now, unfortunately, finished. But you could keep an eye on the theatre company for upcoming shows, I am sure giving the standard of this show that others will be amazing!

Alice in Wonderland August 2013
Afterwards, we crossed the road to adventure bar, where the cocktails aren't cheap, the menus are awesome and the music is peppered with 90s hits.

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

These video cassettes were the menu.

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

Alice in Wonderland August 2013

Alice in Wonderland August 2013
A few cocktails later we caught the last tube home. I may have to visit that bar again though, t'was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment