Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Steph's Bday @ Wahaca

My beautiful wife turned some ridiculously young age the other day and organised everyone for a dinner at Wahaca! And definitely not cos we couldn't get a reservation at Bodeans...

I had a Wahaca Mule which was, yum! But if you're not a cocktail person, there's a little selection of interesting beers.


Now I'm not a massive fan of Mexican food, I find it a bit too stodgy and I always feel a little bleurgh after it, but the food was still really good! I'm not guna lie, I felt really lethargic after, but it was good.

Potatoe and chorizo quesadilla - I'll be honest, I didn't really taste any chorizo, but it was cheesy delicious goodness none the less.


Pork pibil - nice, but oddly watery...


Ben had chicken tinga, which was spicy deliciousness!


The guacamole was ok...I'm not really a huge fan of guacamole so I'm probably the worst person to ask. I've had better though.


These were a serious win! Sweet potatoe chips and they were phenomenal. Loved them. They weren't even mine, they were Chris' - but I stole some anyway. And he's a good friend so he pretended he wasn't completely livid. Barely. We also had the salted caramel ice cream which was AMAZING!

So overall. The food was ok...the company made it a fantastic night. I won't be running back to Wahaca personally, but everyone else enjoyed their meals and I enjoyed seeing my wife all dolled up :)


3 comments:

  1. I've been to Wahaca twice and thought the food was pretty good! I loved the burritos, which were meaty and delicious. Now they even have ants on the menu - yep, the crawling kind indeed.

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could really do with those sweet potato chips!!

    YUM

    http://yummei.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, yum & yum! Posts about food always make me so hungry. Thank goodness my dinners in the oven!
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete