Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dine in For Two by M&S

I have been inactive for a while - unfortunately I've been ill with some virus or bug or other and I lost my voice and generally felt sorry for myself and rested a lot. Fun times. Anyway, Ben and I haven't had a lot of quality time together lately, my social life is unintentionally manic because I'm lucky enough to have so many awesome friends I always want to see...as such Ben and I are making sure we get some 'us' time, but also keeping our spending down...so last night, we had our first 'dine in for two' night - Marks and Spencer style!

Date night in M&S May 2013
Ben lost online rock, paper, scissors so he was in charge of picking the food. He opted for Chicken in Provencal Sauce...

Date night in M&S May 2013

And potato rosti cakes! M&S were doing a deal (sadly finished yesterday) where you got a main, side and dessert for £6! It wasn't the usual deal with wine but luckily, I still have a few bottles lying around from my trip to Paris!

Date night in M&S May 2013
This was nice enough - but give me my Franprix own brand any day!

Date night in M&S May 2013
Everything was super easy to make - shoved it in the oven and waited (well, played a quick Mario Kart tournament whilst waiting, but I digress).

Date night in M&S May 2013
I have to say it was absolutely delicious...made me sad I couldn't cook better really, something to work on.

Date night in M&S May 2013
I don't know if I've mentioned the gift Shreena got me and Ben as our house warming present! I love these!

Date night in M&S May 2013
If you love them as much as me you can buy the 'sir' one here and the 'madam' one here.

Date night in M&S May 2013
For dessert we had New York Style Cheesecake - a-yum! But my favourite cheesecake is still Wagamamas...heavenly. A successful home date night meal...followed by Go For Broke, still an awesome game!

4 comments:

  1. Hope your feeling better now - I've lost a lot of time due to feeling ill and it's miserable!
    This meal looks scrumptious, I love M&S food they seem to make everything taste so good :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely going round! I've got Cavonia now to destroy my cough so hopefully I'll be right as rain soon! Thanks for thinking of me xxx

      Delete
  2. Aww hope you're better now!
    Home dates are sometimes the best dates :)

    The Dress Code | A Beauty, Music, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my sixth bottle of cough syrup! Boo! Loving your blog btw I am following!

      Delete