Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Harry Potter Studios

OK, so they're technically the Warner Brothers studios...but no one cares. It's all about the Harry Potter tour! Chris and I went on Sunday and I'll disclose this tip right here. We took the second to last tour at 18.00 on the Sunday which meant that we didn't deal with massive crowds and huge queues and got to take plenty of pictures without LOADS of people being in the way.

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
I'm going to have to be very choosy with my pictures as I took hundreds. Welcome to Harry Potter Studios (shuttle bus £2 return from Watford junction - FYI).

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
It started with a short film with Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe presenting the studio tour which I have to say, was really sweet! And then onto the Great Hall! Smaller than you'd expect but everything always is!

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
The visit is choc-full of props from the movie, costumes and sets that were used. I'm not really a huge Harry Potter fan, but I love film and seeing scenery from films is one of those rare amazing things for me. It's why when we went to Los Angeles we drove specifically to see the tunnel from Roger Rabbit! Ha! Anyway, this tour was pretty incredible.

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
See how happy I am?

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
Not a nerd at all! And now, to the joy of all my friends, I'm sure whenever I watch the films again I'll be shouting 'I've been there!' every time there's a Great Hall scene - yeah, I'm that friend.

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
SPOILER ALERT - this fantastic ice cream tower WASN'T real!! Who's disappointed? I am.

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
After the great hall there is this vast section with different rooms from the film set up and various props from specific scene (like the ice cream from the winter ball) and in the middle, you can see to the right near the giant pendulum, is a fenced off area PACKED with random props. Also impressive numbers like the Tri-Wizard cup are in display boxes.

Harry Potter Studios April 2013

The mirror that shows your desires - so clearly I saw me enjoying myself at Harry Potter studios! Yeah!

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
Gryffindor common room - apparently this set was the general cast and crew hangout. There's TVs set up about this big first half of the studio telling you little trivia bits about the film - it's pretty awesome.

Harry Potter Studios April 2013

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
I could never post everything that was in this section - there is Hagrid's hut, potions class, Dumbledore's office but also his stairwell, and far too much more to list. Chris and I spent two hours in this section - and I'm pretty sure I missed bits. That tells you it all!

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
Also the Weasley kitchen - I am literally in love with that clock though! So that's the pic you're getting!

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
I have to admit it was pretty awesome to see the Ministry of Magic muggle-crushing sculpture, even if it is completely morbid. It's pretty epic.

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
Outside there's a little eating area which is good cos if you want to do the studio properly it takes about 3 hours. It's awesome outside though as this is where the big props are!

Harry Potter Studios April 2013

Harry Potter Studios April 2013
In the second part of the tour there's some slightly scarier props...

Harry Potter Studios April 2013

Harry Potter Studios April 2013

Harry Potter Studios April 2013

Harry Potter Studios April 2013

ARRRRRRGH! Also some of the animatronics which are pretty cool.

Harry Potter Studios April 2013

Round a corner and you're on Diagon Alley. And round this corner was something pretty impressive...but you're guna have to go yourself to see it.

Buy tickets here. For £29 it's definitely worth it. Me and Chris spent three hours - you might need longer if you go at a busy time. Don't forget to visit the green room....



12 comments:

  1. I love this post, my boyfriend and I took a trip here last April for our 1 year together, and I almost cried for the entire tour, all the photos especially the ones at the end my eyes are just filled with tears, it's just such a magical place to go. I wish we'd thought to go at a later time because we went midday and it was hectic.
    Great photos :)
    Kloe xx
    haveacupofteawithkloe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing wasn't it? Were you as cool as me and got a green screen pic? Love the blog btw!

      Delete
  2. Excellent blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
    I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on
    everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like
    Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm totally confused .. Any recommendations? Many thanks!

    Visit my website - binoa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really wouldn't count myself as someone able to give tips! I just write like I talk - I like using blogger - very simple so you could give it a try.
      Also if you visit
      thelondoner.me
      she's got an incredibly popular blog! And a blogpost full of tips!

      Delete
  3. It's great that you are getting ideas from this post as well as from our dialogue made at this time.

    Also visit my web site: 24option

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good info. Lucky me I came across your website by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've saved as a favorite for later!

    Feel free to surf to my website :: http://wikisbine.pcmicros.com.mx/index.php?title=Usuario:ShoshanaU

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can definitely see your enthusiasm within the work you write.

    The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to mention how they believe.
    At all times follow your heart.

    Feel free to surf to my website ... http://www.fruktose-sorbit.de

    ReplyDelete
  6. When someone writes an paragraph he/she retains
    the idea of a user in his/her mind that how a user can be
    aware of it. Therefore that's why this post is amazing. Thanks!

    Here is my web site ... avis binoa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Harry Potter and this place is unreal! It's such a shame I live too far away... Maybe sometime in the future?... One can only hope. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to the hp studios in a few weeks and this has made me even more excited :D great post!

    Rach x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! you're going to have so much fun!
      xx

      Delete