Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fondue Night

Cheese fondue...I know a lot of people who have never had it, my Mum actually used to make it on a fairly regular basis so it's always been one of my favourites! I mean, melted cheese, who doesn't love that... Annoyingly, I've made it better than I did for Steph and Shreena Friday night...

Fondu night Apr 2013

Fondue is pretty easy - rub your saucepan with garlic and grate a good amount of cheese. We went with a very mature Cathedral City brick.

Fondu night Apr 2013

Grate it, and bring a pint of white wine (dry) to a simmer.

Fondu night Apr 2013

Now, here is where I went wrong, add little bundles of cheese at a time, and wait for it to melt, then add more. You cannot hurry this process. It just takes a while. Taste when your brick's gone to see if you need more cheese/wine to get the balance you're after. Add a little cornflour to thicken it up and....

Fondu night Apr 2013


Grate some nutmeg over the top (in hindsight I'd stir some through as well). Serve as you like. My Mum always does jacket potatoes so I did too but I mistimed it....(this really didn't go too well) so we had bread, meats, veg and salad.

Fondu night Apr 2013

Fondu night Apr 2013
But - each to their own :-)

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I'm so glad I found your blog! Thanks for the great idea! xo

    http://sagebrushgazette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hope yours turns out better than mine! A tip...aim for too little instead of too much and follow it with a chocolate fondu dessert - Steph and Shreena loved my meal (or at least they're good enough friends to say they did) but we were all a bit stuffed after!
      xx

      Delete