Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Travel Buddy Chris

We have met Chris before, but his weekend visit to Paris is imminent so I thought a trip down memory lane was in order. I have entitled this post 'Travel Buddy Chris' because me and Chris have been to a fair few countries together by this point, but I'll get to that, Chris and I were in the same halls in Uni - but we weren't really good friends until our post-uni house share.

Ha, we look like a cheesy sitcom. Anyway, this is where we lived for a couple of years watching countless episodes of How I Met Your Mother, hosting many a house party....



before, sadly, we all moved London-wards to different locations. It was about...six months after that that my sister talked me into joining her on her travelling adventure!


How could I say no? Speaking to Chris I got an unexpected reaction 'I'm going travelling in November too!' Say whaaaaaat! Chris was buggering off to Bali to become Scuba King. Some vague plans were made and before we knew it, we were in India!


It was kiiiiind of impressive. From the Taj Mahal in Agra -

To a dawn boat ride down the Ganges in Varanasi...

Under odd circumstances, we ended up in Kathmandu, Nepal, where it was colder than we had anticipated, and colder than we had packed for...

We started trekking south back through India until we found the sun again!

And picked up Chef Tom along the way! Eventually we were done in India and Chris headed back to England whilst Fi and I wandered back to Thailand for a couple of months. Maybe a year later my Gran decided she wanted her birthday to be celebrated in Vegas...


And so it was. I wanted to mix it up a little bit though and decided to see Los Angeles and San Francisco before heading to join the family at Excalibur...and who better to join me on my detour than Chris!

And we brought Matt along for fun as well!

He was thrilled. You can tell.



Yes, that was all the same day. I don't just own the one dress. The boys humoured me a lot by taking pictures on demand and trekking to the Charmed house...

It was an absolutely phenomenal trip and we covered little towns between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Much wine was drunk...


And extremely alcoholic Irish Coffees.


And then we hit Vegas!


Paris is already added to the list since Chris came up for my birthday in September so we have: England, France, Thailand, India, Nepal and America. America was last June...so I think we're overdue for a holiday.

Looking forward to your visit, Chris! 

5 comments:

  1. Ah! Your travels together look absolutes incredible, they are giving me a massive case of wanderlust haha.

    I went on six holidays last year, so far this year I haven't been on any at all, I have to make that change.

    Incredibly jealous of your India travels.

    Hope you are well, take care :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six holidays sounds amazing!! I definitely recommend you add India to your list of places to visit...though it can be a bit overwhelming at times so maybe take a good friend!
      Happy travels :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh this looks so wonderful! I'd love to do some major travelling next year...but we'll just have to see!

    Rachel @ AMomentInTime.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I transfer a certain amount each month into a separate bank account - it helps in the saving and it's so worth it!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Fantastic trip, beautiful photos:) Greetings

    ReplyDelete