Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

The Boyfriend came to visit me in Paris, his last visit until I return home! I spent Valentine's Day at work as I assume most of us did and tried to not be disappointed nothing arrived for me that day, except my new headphones which are awesome. I tried not to get too down about it since I knew Ben was arriving later but emails from him about dull application details kind of tipped me into a 'some valentine's day' mood. A mood I was no good at hiding...

It was after three and I'd more or less gotten over the fact I wouldn't be one of the lucky ladies to receive any V-day displays of affection when an email arrived from Ben: "OK, I didn't want to say anything but, can you go check your post room?" Unfortunately my gorgeous bunch of roses (Ben sent me a picture of what should have arrived) was not delivered. I assume they're now sitting in my office but I'm going to warn you against the website anyway as I know someone else who had a hard time using this website. DO NOT USE iflorist. At least not if you're sending to France.

Anyway, Ben arrived with a single white rose... I was super pleased.


I was also super excited to give Ben his Valentine's day present...

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Disneyland!! Yaaaay! For some reason we spent our first half hour or so trying on funny hats...

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben and I then hit a few rides before stopping for some lunch at a place which I think was called The Lucky Nugget or Golden Nugget or something similar.

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

The food wasn't amazing but the band were good!

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013
It was an amazing day and we were exhausted by the end of it so I whipped us up a quick pasta dinner and we were in bed by ten watching Big Bang Theory. Rock and roll.

The next night we went out for sushi followed by drinks. Having spent the day in chilling we weren't in any hurry to go back home. So I text round to see who was about and we ended up with a little last minute night out...

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this picture, or why I decided to do this next...

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Christina, Ben (No. 2) and Jen had been out drinking all day so were in very high spirits. It made for some entertaining banter and mild nudity so we could view Jen's tattoos!

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

It's funny how entertaining a pair of sunglasses can be when added with several cocktails.

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013
We hit our favourite karaoke place after the pub but it was packed out with French people singing French songs and strangely they stopped having singers up when we arrived...I'm almost sure they didn't recognise us from last time. Anyway, me and Ben decided we'd had enough to drink (well, I'd had enough to drink) and, it being towards two in the morning we chose the most obvious mode of transportation home.

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

Ben Weekend Paris Feb 2013

It's just all about the velibs. It was definitely a fantastic Valentine's Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment