Friday, August 24, 2012

Gnocchi is my friend

I'm trying to get a bit more into cooking, and one of the things I really enjoy (since my chef friend told me how to make it) is a super easy, super quick, gnocchi recipe. I think it's a little unusual - at least I haven't yet met anyone else who has gnocchi this way, but I am in love with it.

You will need:
olive oil
gnocchi
leek
mushroom
any kind of sliced meat or bacon cubes


Heat olive oil in frying pan (medium heat).


Fry the gnocchi for about two minutes.


Add leek and mushroom - I like to go overboard on the mushrooms because I love them! If you have a bigger frying pan then I do I suggest you use it!


Add more olive oil if needed - I end up using loads!


When the mushrooms, leeks and gnocchi are about done (starting to go a lovely delicious looking brown at the edges), throw your meat on - this only applies if you opt for a meat that is already cooked or cured - if you go for bacon bits then throw them in first thing with the gnocchi. My chorizo slices don't need to cook, I just throw them in the frying pan to warm them up a bit.


Dish up! The whole thing doesn't take more than 15 minutes, just keep stirring it round the frying pan or, if you've got the skill, flipp the food in the frying pan like a real chef! I try, but tend to lose the odd mushroom and that saddens me.

The thing I love about this meal other than it's absolutely simplicity and infallibility, is that you can easily vary it. Long stemmed broccoli would go nicely, I made it once with some onion - not bad - but leek and mushroom and some kind of ham-like substance is my go-to. Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment