Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Day with Alicia

Saturday was absolutely fantastic, but my new friend Alicia, is officially a terrible influence on me! I was quite happily doing a bit of shopping before I met her, on my local high street, the champs elysées.



First, she made me buy French books to help me improve my French, and she picked out really good books, as she described them 'unputdownable', so that I would want to read them constantly.


THEN she practically FORCED me to go to Haagen Daaz where we enjoyed some delicious ice cream.


Then she walked me all over Paris (we think we covered about 5k) so that we HAD to endure the sights! We passed some pretty impressive areas both traditional....





and, well, indulgent...


And some funky places that really had no purpose...



But the highlight was walking through one of the older parts of Paris - down the rue des petits champs. This street was amazing, there was one of Paris' oldest brasserie which I looked in the window of - seriously traditional Parisian style with the glass partitions between tables and everything - and it offers 'service non-stop' so open pretty late - you can find it here. Also on that street was a seriously traditional sweet shop. We're talking old school - there was still a retro scale that must've been used back in the day. It was awesome! We also stumbled upon an accessories shop where we spent too much money...

A necklace for Alicia
A necklace for me
We then met a load of Brits...actually tell a lie, for a 'British people in Paris' meet-up there were only three of us from Ol' Blighty! But never the less, some good people commenced a pub crawl of some of the nicer pubs in Paris. It started at The Bowler, then we walked up to the Freedom, then onto the Auld Alliance which a pretty awesome little Scottish pub we'd been to before. After that is a pub I definitely plan to visit again called The Highlander and then I called it a night after The Great Canadian. To tell you the truth, it's all a little hazy...I have no idea why...


1 comment: