Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tim Burton Exhibition

I was very excited to learn, having been in Paris not 24 hours, that there was a Tim Burton Exhibition at la cinématèque française. Only on until the 5th of August, I got myself down there quickly - only to be saddened that they didn't allow pictures inside the exhibit...and there were suited men everywhere saying 'pas de photo'...so apologies that all we have to enjoy are sneaky phone quality shots...


The queue was a little disheartening, and took well over an hour, but eventually I got to the front.


And got a surprise when the elevator doors closed to take me to the exhibit on the fifth floor.




The text says: 'Man undressing woman with his eyes'
Vincent Malloy - the seven year old boy who wanted to be Vincent Price
By Edward Scissorhands
Michael Keaton in snake form
What became Michelle Pfieffer's catwoman costume
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka...
He's the one that you're about to meet.
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka...
He's a genius who just can't be beat.
Napkin doodles
There were absolutely tons of these napkin doodles - some were absolutely brilliant - I like one of the eiffel tower being attacked by UFOs.

They also had some little aliens from Mars Attacks as well as fake heads of Pierce Brosnan and Sarah Jessica Parker. Early footage of some of Burton's school time films were also shown. It was definitely an awesome exhibit but the highlight for me was the note from Tim Burton to Johnny Depp written during filming for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, it said more or less:

'Hi Johnny, I'm thinking of adding in a line when Willy Wonka brings the group into the factory. Something like; "Everything in this room is edible, even I'm edible, but that's called cannibalism and is frowned upon in some societies." Let me know what you think and I'll discuss it with John August. Tim." 

No comments:

Post a Comment