Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Leaving Do!

I hired out the Summer House at the Grange - I spoke about this place previously. Lovely pub, and those who came to my leaving do said as much! Anyway, this post will be a bit of a 'how amazing are my friends - I'm going to miss them so much!' post.


Some of my family came, some of my work colleagues came and some people I've only met a few times came - it was a fantastic evening. Everybody mingled, everybody enjoyed themselves and I realised just how much I am going to miss these wonderful people who make my life so incredible.



The positive to take away is just how many people said 'I'm coming to visit you' - and I have a handful of friends that have already booked their eurostar. Well, I can't wait. The party made it all very real for me and while I am so excited to make the big move to Paris, I am so sad to not be able to see everyone as often as I can now.


And how much I'm going to miss my crazy Dad, whose posing skills put mine to shame!

I love those guys so much! They say friends are the family you choose for yourself, well, mine were carefully picked and honed over years and I'm left with a group of oddballs who I love to pieces and couldn't live without. And they all put up with me and my craziness and (I hope) love me in return. I could never really tell each and every one of them how much they mean to me and how much they have positively influenced my life, how much I love them for being there for me in the hard times and celebrating with me in the good. I hope they know how thankful I am for them.

And luckily, the family I was born into are pretty fantastic too!



I am such an incredibly lucky person to have so many fabulous people in my life. Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment